Eastern Conference Roundup: April 2
1. Columbus Crew -- 9 pts. | 2-1 Win at Seattle Sounders FC, Week Five: vs. Toronto FC (TICKETS)
Justin Meram helped the Crew to three points in a hostile environment with his 94th-minute winner at Seattle. The Black & Gold face another stiff test this week as they welcome Toronto FC to Columbus in a Trillium Cup meeting, presented by Scotts.
2. Sporting Kansas City -- 7 pts. | 3-2 Win at Colorado Rapids, Week Five: vs. Real Salt Lake
Graham Zusi scored and notched a 92nd-minute assist to Dom Dwyer for the winner in Colorado as Sporting earned its second win of the season. Kansas City hosts Real Salt Lake in Week Five.
3. Houston Dynamo -- 6 pts. | 2-1 Loss at Vancouver Whitecaps FC, Week Five: vs. FC Dallas
The Dynamo hit the road for the first time in 2014 and fell 2-1 in Vancouver. Dom Kinnear's men look to rebound in the Texas Derby against FC Dallas on Saturday.
4. Toronto FC -- 6 pts. | 3-0 Loss at Real Salt Lake. Week Five: at Columbus Crew
After winning its first two matches, Toronto FC came crashing back down to Earth with a 3-0 loss at Real Salt Lake. To make matters worse, Jermain Defoe received a knock in the defeat and is out for Saturday's clash in Columbus.
5. Philadelphia Union -- 5 pts. | 1-1 Draw vs. Montreal Impact, Week Five: at Chicago Fire
The Union continued to show it can be a contender this season, securing a point at home in a sloppy, rain-soaked draw with the Impact. Philadelphia travels to Chicago in Week Five.
6. New England Revolution -- 4 pts. | 2-1 Win at San Jose Earthquakes, Week Five: at D.C. United
Lee Nguyen's stoppage-time winner lifted the Revs to their first victory of the season over the weekend in San Jose. New England looks to make it two straight as it travels to D.C. this week.
7. Chicago Fire -- 3 pts. | 2-2 Draw at D.C. United, Week Five: vs. Philadelphia Union
Quincy Amerikwa scored again as the Fire drew D.C. on the road. Chicago hosts the Union at Toyota Park in Week Five.
8. New York Red Bulls -- 3 pts. | 1-1 Draw vs. Chivas USA, Week Five: at Montreal Impact
The Red Bulls have yet to win in 2014, but Peguy Luyindula's 95th-minute equalizer salvaged a point at home against Chivas USA over the weekend. New York will likely be without an injured Tim Cahill as it heads to Montreal this week.
9. Montreal Impact -- 1 pt. | 1-1 Draw vs. Philadelphia Union, Week Five: vs. New York Red Bulls
Marco Di Vaio returned from suspension and scored as the Impact picked up its first point of the season in a road draw with the Union. Montreal looks for its first win of 2014, welcoming New York to the Stade Saputo in Week Five.
10. D.C. United -- 1 pt. | 2-2 Draw vs. Chicago Fire, Week Five: vs. New England Revolution
Slowly but surely, Ben Olsen's offseason acquisitions seem to be beginning to gel in D.C. as United drew the Fire at home. The Black-and-Red host New England at RFK Stadium on Saturday.