With five weeks remaining, four teams currently find themselves in a battle for a playoff spot in the MLS Eastern Conference. Here is how the table looks following Week 30's results.
1. New York Red Bulls - 51 pts. - Week 30: 1-0 Win vs. FC Dallas
The Red Bulls gained sole possession of first place in the MLS Supporters' Shield race on Sunday thanks to an FC Dallas own goal. Could the club's first piece of silverware be on the horizon? New York travels to Seattle to face the West-leading Sounders FC in Week 31.
2. Sporting Kansas City - 48 pts. - Week 30: 2-1 Win at Toronto FC
Sporting earned three points on the road behind C.J. Sapong's brace against Toronto FC. Kansas City hosts the Philadelphia Union on Friday.
3. Montreal Impact - 45 pts. - Week 30: 3-0 Loss vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
After looking like the cream of the crop in the East, the Impact has lost two straight matches at Stade Saputo with the most recent coming in a 3-0 defeat to Whitecaps FC over the weekend. After a midweek CONCACAF Champions League match with CD Heredia, Montreal looks to rebound with a road tilt in Chicago on Saturday.
4. Houston Dynamo - 43 pts. - Week 30: 5-1 Win vs. Chivas USA
The Dynamo exploded for five goals at home against Chivas USA on Saturday. Three points clear of fifth place, a return to the playoffs is looking like a sure thing for Dom Kinnear's men. Houston travels to New England in Week 31 following a midweek CONCACAF Champions League tilt with W Connection.
5. New England Revolution - 40 pts. - Week 30: 2-1 Win vs. New England
Diego Fagundez and Lee Nguyen scored as the Revolution moved ahead of the Chicago Fire in the standings. New England hosts the Houston Dynamo on Saturday.
6. Chicago Fire - 39 pts. - Week 30: 3-0 Loss at Columbus Crew
The Fire slipped to sixth place in the East following a 3-0 loss in Columbus over the weekend. A home tilt against the Montreal Impact awaits the Men in Red in Week 31.
7. Philadelphia Union - 39 pts. - Week 30: Idle
The Union had Week 30 off as John Hackworth prepares his side for a Friday clash in Kansas City.
8. Columbus Crew - 38 pts. - Week 30: 3-0 Win vs. Chicago Fire
Just a few weeks ago, the Crew's playoff hopes seemed dead. Winner in three of its last four matches, Columbus sits just two points out of playoff contention as it travels to Dallas on Sunday (8:30 p.m. ET / FOX Sports Ohio).
9. Toronto FC - 23 pts. - Week 30: 2-1 Loss vs. Sporting Kansas City
Toronto FC fell 2-1 at home to Sporting Kansas City on Saturday following following two goals from C.J. Sapong. The Reds host D.C. United in Week 31.
10. D.C. United - 15 pts. - Week 30: 2-1 Loss at New England Revolution
Bill Hamid was outstanding in goal for the Black-and-Red, stopping Lee Nguyen's 57th-minute attempt from the penalty spot to keep the match at 1-1. However, a second penalty in the 83rd minute would be too much for D.C. as Nguyen converted his second attempt past Hamid. United travels to Toronto on Saturday.