Our Experience Team plays a vital role when it comes to creating a clean, safe, and enjoyable experience for our fans and guests. As the first point of contact for guest requests and needs, courteous hospitality must be exhibited at all times. Event Staff are encouraged to be proactive in every area while demonstrating a professional manner.
All Experience Team members, including Ushers and Greeters, are responsible for providing exceptional customer service at MAPFRE Stadium by making every effort to ensure a positive guest experience. The Experience Team serves an essential function by hosting guests visiting the stadium and by utilizing an ever-growing knowledge of our facility and events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide highest level of customer service to ensure guests’ expectations are exceeded and their overall experience at MAPFRE Stadium is positive and memorable
- Create a welcoming experience for guests
- Facilitate all guest-related matters in a professional and courteous manner through creative problem-solving
- Scan tickets for entry with a smile and friendly greeting
- Check tickets and direct guest to appropriate seats in all areas of the stadium
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the venue policies, procedures and event information. Enforce policies during an event to assure the safety and security of all guests.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all patrons and fellow staff members.
Required skills, experience & abilities
- Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally eligible for employment in the United States (proof of eligibility will be required prior to beginning work)
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population, including strong verbal communication skills. Second language a plus
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and may include walking long distances and climbing stairs
- Punctuality is essential
- Must be able to work a minimum of 80% of all scheduled MAPFRE Stadium events. The Major League Soccer (MLS) season begins in March and generally ends in November
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work outdoors in changing weather conditions that includes the extreme heat, cold , rain, sleet, snow and direct sunlight
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
Event details and Application Instructions
To apply: Applications are accepted on TeamworkOnline.