Tickets for the Sept. 11 U.S. National Team World Cup qualifying match vs. Jamaica at Crew Stadium will go on sale to the public in July. The game, in the Semifinal Round of CONCACAF qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, will kick off at 8 p.m.
Tickets go on sale to the general public Tuesday, July 17, at 10 a.m. through ussoccer.com, by calling 1-800-745-3000, at all central Ohio Ticketmaster ticket centers (including Kroger stores) and the Crew Stadium ticket office (open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Crew Soccer Nation Gold, Black and Silver members will have access to a special presale opportunity from Monday, July 9, through Tuesday, July 10. Further information will be emailed directly to them.
Ultimate Fan Tickets (special VIP packages that include a premium ticket, a custom-made official U.S. National Team jersey with name and number, VIP access to the field before and after the game, and other unique benefits) are also available exclusively through ussoccer.com.
As a sponsor of U.S. Soccer, Visa® is pleased to offer all Visa cardholders access to an advance ticket sale prior to the sale to the general public. This advance sale starts at ussoccer.com on Friday, July 13, at 10 a.m. and runs until Tuesday, July 17, at 8 a.m. Visa will be the only payment method accepted through the Visa presale and is the preferred card of U.S. Soccer. Terms and conditions apply.
The U.S. currently leads Group A with four points, ahead of Jamaica based on goal differential. Semifinal Round action resumes Sept. 7, with the United States facing Jamaica at “The Office” in Kingston.
U.S. MNT in Columbus:
- The U.S. holds an unbeaten 5-0-3 record lifetime at Crew Stadium dating back to 2000.
- Columbus Crew Stadium has hosted six World Cup qualifiers, with the USA collecting four wins and two draws.
- The U.S. has surrendered only one goal in eight matches in Columbus, outscoring opponents 12-1 in that span.
- Columbus was the site of the last USA-Jamaica meeting in World Cup qualifying, a 1-1 draw on Nov. 17, 2004, in the final match of the semifinal phase.
- The stadium has hosted the USA's home qualifier against Mexico in the Final Round for the last three consecutive World Cup qualifying cycles, with the U.S. collecting identical 2-0 wins in 2001, 2005 and 2009.
Guatemala, Jamaica, Antigua & Barbuda, and the United States make up Group A. Each opponent meets twice, once at home and once away, in round robin play. The top two teams from each of three groups will advance to the Final Round of qualifying, which will take place in 2013. Three teams will automatically qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, while the fourth place team will play in a two-leg playoff against the winner of the Oceania region.
Located adjacent to the Ohio Expo Center, Crew Stadium is a 20,145-seat facility with the ability to hold up to 35,000 for concerts, that features a permanent main stage and roof structure. It is home to the Columbus Crew of Major League Soccer and is a target destination for other marquee sports and entertainment events including U.S. Soccer matches, NFL exhibitions, NCAA soccer and concerts.