1. D.C. United — 46 pts. | 4-1 loss at LA Galaxy, 2-0 win vs. New York Red Bulls; Week 26: at Vancouver Whitecaps FC
It was another positive week in the end for D.C. United, which rebounded from a midweek thrashing in LA to defeat New York and extend its lead atop the Eastern Conference.
2. Sporting Kansas City — 42 pts. | 3-1 loss vs. Houston Dynamo; Week 26: at New England Revolution, at New York Red Bulls
Reeling Sporting KC has lost three of four and now has a pivotal double-match week, both on the road against key Conference opponents.
3. New England Revolution — 33 pts. | 3-0 win at Toronto FC; Week 26: vs. Sporting Kansas City, vs. Chicago Fire
Jermaine Jones made his debut and New England got a gigantic road victory over Toronto FC to vault to third place.
4. Toronto FC — 33 pts. | 3-0 loss vs. New England Revolution; Week 26: at Philadelphia Union, vs. Philadelphia Union
It was a club-altering week in Toronto, as the Reds relieved Head Coach Ryan Nelsen of his duties and replaced him with Greg Vanney, who is a former United States Men's National Team teammate of Gregg Berhalter.
5. Columbus Crew — 33 pts. | 2-0 loss at Montreal Impact; Week 26: vs. Chivas USA
If there's a silver lining for the Crew after its loss at Montreal, it's that most of the clubs around it did not earn results either.
6. New York Red Bulls — 31 pts. | 2-0 loss at D.C. United; Week 26: vs. Sporting Kansas City
It was an opportunity missed for New York at RFK Stadium on Sunday, but the Red Bulls remain in the thick of things despite dropping below the red line.
7. Philadelphia Union — 30 pts. | Bye; Week 26: vs. Toronto FC, at Toronto FC
Philadelphia has a rare home-and-home series with Toronto FC this week. If the Union can earn a sweep against the struggling Reds, it could potentially vault all the way to third place in the Eastern Conference.
8. Chicago Fire — 29 pts. | 1-0 win vs. FC Dallas; Week 26: at New England Revolution
Chicago did extremely well to beat FC Dallas, snapping a 10-match unbeaten streak by the Hoops. Robert Earnshaw has a goal in each of his first two appearances as a member of the Fire.
9. Houston Dynamo — 28 pts. | 3-1 win at Sporting Kansas City; Week 26: vs. Montreal Impact
Houston arguably needed a victory at Sporting KC to remain in the MLS Cup Playoff race, and it got it. Just five points separate the Dynamo from third place at the moment.
10. Montreal Impact —20 pts. | 2-0 win vs. Columbus Crew; Week 26: at Houston Dynamo
Ignacio Piatti's quality was on display Saturday for Montreal against the Crew, which has the talent to play spoiler down the stretch.