Wil Trapp's jersey is a popular one. In fact, the Crew SC midfielder made Major League Soccer's list of best-selling jerseys.
For the second consecutive year, Seattle Sounders FC forward Clint Dempsey topped the list of best-selling jerseys. Rounding out the top five are LA Galaxy midfielder Steven Gerrard, Orlando City SC and Brazil midfielder Kaká and New York City FC teammates Andrea Pirlo and David Villa. Trapp, meanwhile, comes in at No. 19. He's one of only two MLS Homegrown Players to make the list.
The rankings are based on overall retail sales of adidas MLS jerseys on MLSstore.com since the beginning of the 2015 MLS season.
- Eight members of the U.S. Men’s National Team make the list (Clint Dempsey, Brek Shea, Mix Diskerud, Graham Zusi, Gyasi Zardes, Lee Nguyen, Wil Trapp, and Sacha Kljestan).
- Two players are MLS Homegrown Players (Gyasi Zardes and Wil Trapp).
- Thirteen players are MLS Designated Players (Clint Dempsey, Steven Gerrard, Kaká, Andrea Pirlo, David Villa, Obafemi Martins, Frank Lampard, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Robbie Keane, Sebastian Giovinco, Graham Zusi, Didier Drogba, and Giovani Dos Santos).
- Three players were on the list last season (Clint Dempsey, Robbie Keane, and Graham Zusi). The 2014 list of best-selling adidas MLS jerseys can be viewed here.
Top 20 most popular MLS player jerseys:
- Clint Dempsey, Seattle Sounders FC
- Steven Gerrard, LA Galaxy
- Kaká, Orlando City SC
- Andrea Pirlo, New York City FC
- David Villa, New York City FC
- Obafemi Martins, Seattle Sounders FC
- Frank Lampard, New York City FC
- Bradley Wright-Phillips, New York Red Bulls
- Brek Shea, Orlando City SC
- Mix Diskerud, New York City FC
- Robbie Keane, LA Galaxy
- Sebastian Giovinco, Toronto FC
- Graham Zusi, Sporting Kansas City
- Dom Dwyer, Sporting Kansas City
- Gyasi Zardes, LA Galaxy
- Didier Drogba, Montreal Impact
- Giovani Dos Santos, LA Galaxy
- Lee Nguyen, New England Revolution
- Wil Trapp, Columbus Crew SC
- Sacha Kljestan, New York Red Bulls
Don't have a Wil Trapp jersey yet? Get it here.