CHICAGO - The U.S. Women's National Team announces the start of its second annual SheBelieves Hero™ contest ahead of the 2018 SheBelieves Cup — which kicks off on March 1 in Columbus at MAPFRE Stadium with a doubleheader featuring the United States Women’s National Team against Germany and England versus France.
The SheBelieves Hero™ contest, which runs from Jan. 9 - Feb. 5, aims to find a girl between the ages of 13-17 who embodies the SheBelieves spirit.
Conceived and developed by U.S. Soccer and the Women's National Team players, SheBelieves is a movement created to inspire and encourage girls and women of all ages to accomplish their goals and dreams, athletic or otherwise. The campaign was originally launched in the run-up to the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup but has since evolved into a special bond between the team and its fans, taking its powerful message of empowerment and that of believing in yourself into communities across the nation.
Through dedication, teamwork, perseverance and success, the U.S. WNT players inspire new generations to be better and strive for the best.
A SheBelieves Hero™ is a leader in their community, a confident and passionate individual who empowers others around them and works to make a difference.
If chosen as the 2018 SheBelieves Hero™, you could win a trip for two (2) to the WNT's SheBelieves Cup match in Harrison, NJ on March 4.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- To enter, upload a video to Twitter starting Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 11 a.m. CT and before 11:59 p.m. CT on Monday, Feb. 5, stating how you or the nominee embody the SheBelieves qualities and use the #SheBelievesHero hashtag.
- All video entries must be submitted via Twitter using the #SheBelievesHero hashtag.
- State the following information about yourself or your nominee: Full name, hometown and age.
- The video submitter must be 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. If under the age of 18, the parent or guardian of the nominated individual and of the video submitter must have approved the nomination and submission of the video. The video submitter must nominate a living person whose age at the time of nomination is between 13 and 17 years of age.
- Each post must contain at least 14 characters and no more than 280 in length and must be in English. Limit one Tweet/Post/Entry per Day per person/Twitter account.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of judges, and will be narrowed down to four (4) finalists. Entries will be ranked on the following criteria: (a) Unique entertainment value, (b) creativity, and (c) explanation as to why you/the nominee should be the SheBelieves Hero™.
- The four entries will be shared on ussoccer.com and U.S. Soccer social media channels to allow the public to "vote" for their favorite submission by clicking "like" on Facebook, favoring/retweeting on Twitter and/or "liking" on Instagram. The post that receives the most interactions across the U.S. Soccer channels will be the winner and named the SheBelieves Hero™.
- The SheBelieves Hero™ Twitter Contest ("Contest") is open only to individuals who are legal U.S. residents of one of the 48 continental United States or the District of Columbia.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to abide by, and cause your nominee to abide by, the Contest Official Rules. Approximate retail value of the prize is $1,300.