- Today’s match against the New York Red Bulls marked defender Gaston Sauro’s 25th regular-season appearance (23rd start) since joining Crew SC in 2015. Notably, Sauro scored the equalizer in the 41st minute of the match, heading in a corner kick cross taken by fellow Argentine Federico Higuain. In addition to his goal – which was his first strike for the Club – Sauro finished the night with two tackles and passing completion rate of 88.2%, higher than any other player on the field.
- Argentine midfielder Federico Higuain registered his 59th regular-season assist during today’s match, as he provided the helper on Gaston Sauro’s 41stminute goal. Higuain is currently second on the Crew’s list of all-time regular-season assist leaders and is now just two assists from tying Robert Warzycha (61). In addition to his assist, Higuain finished the match with two shots and three chances created – more than any player for either team.
- Forward Gyasi Zardes made his 150th regular-season MLS start (165th appearance) during today’s match against the New York Red Bulls. Zardes, who joined MLS in 2013, has scored 63 goals and provided 17 assists to date. Since joining the Black & Gold ahead of the 2019 season, the forward has made 34 regular-season appearances (all starts) and scored 19 goals.
- Midfielder Robinho made his regular-season debut for Crew SC in today’s match against the New York Red Bulls. The Brazilian came into the match as a substitute for Justin Meram in the 79th minute. Robinho joined the Crew from First Division Brazilian side Ceara Sporting Club on January 18, 2019.
- Today’s contest marked Crew SC’s 36th all-time regular-season home contest against the New York Red Bulls since 1996. Over that span, Columbus has compiled a winning record of 17-12-7 against the Red Bulls, while also outscoring them 49-47.
- With the draw against the New York Red Bulls in today’s match, Crew SC’s 2019 regular-season record is now 0-0-1 (1 point). Next up, Crew SC has a road contest against the New England Revolution at Gillette Stadium on Saturday, March 9 (2:00 p.m. ET / SportsTime Ohio, FOX Sports GO / 97.1 The Fan and 971TheFan.com / Spanish audio stream on ColumbusCrewSC.com).