- Goalkeeper Joe Bendik and forward JJ Williams made their regular-season Crew SC debut in tonight’s road contest against the Philadelphia Union. Bendik started for the Crew in tonight’s match, while Williams earned his first-ever appearance in MLS regular-season action, coming in as a substitute for Patrick Mullins in the 54th minute of the contest. Bendik joined the Black & Gold on December 27, 2018 while Williams was selected by Columbus in the First Round of the 2019 Major League Soccer SuperDraft on January 11, 2019.
- Ricardo Clark, Hector Jimenez and Patrick Mullins all made their first regular-season start of 2019 in tonight’s road contest against the Philadelphia Union. For Mullins, it was also his first appearance of the 2019 MLS regular season.
- Midfielders Luis Argudo and Eduardo Sosa made their 2019 regular-season debut in tonight’s match. Argudo entered the contest in the 65th minute as a substitute for Artur, while Sosa entered the match in the 84th minute as a replacement for Robinho.
- Tonight’s contest marked Crew SC’s 24th all-time regular-season contest against the Philadelphia Union since 2010. Over the span, Columbus has compiled an overall record of 12-9-3 against the Union.
- With tonight’s result, Crew SC’s 2019 regular-season record is now 2-1-1 (7 points). Next up, Crew SC has a home contest against Atlanta United at MAPFRE Stadium on Saturday, March 30 (7:30 p.m. ET / SportsTime Ohio, FOX Sports GO / 1460 ESPN Columbus and streaming online via the “Listen Live” button at 971TheFan.com / Spanish audio stream on ColumbusCrewSC.com).