- Pedro Santos recorded his second goal of the 2019 regular season in the 69th minute of tonight’s contest as he pounced on a loose ball before chipping the Portland goalkeeper, Jeff Attinella for Crew SC’s first goal of the night. To date, Santos had made 47 total appearances (44 starts) since joining the Club in 2017.
- Wil Trapp recorded his 160th career Major League Soccer regular-season start (164 appearances) in tonight’s contest against the Portland Timbers. With his start in tonight’s match, Trapp surpassed Brian Maisonneuve (159 starts) to take sole possession of fifth place on Crew SC’s all-time games started list and is behind only Federico Higuain (178), Eddie Gaven (198), Mike Clark (216) and Chad Marshall (250). Trapp led Crew SC in total touches (104) and passes (92) with a passing percentage of 91 and won 85.7 percent of duels faced.
- Tonight’s contest marked the first time Crew SC conceded a goal at MAPFRE Stadium since the sixth minute of the Opening Match against the New York Red Bulls (March 2). Prior to the three goals in tonight’s match, Crew SC posted shutouts against FC Dallas (March 16), Atlanta United (March 30) and the New England Revolution (April 6).
- Tonight’s contest marked Crew SC’s 10th all-time regular-season contest (3-5-2) against the Portland Timbers since 2011.
- With the 3-1 loss against the Portland Timbers in tonight’s match, Crew SC’s 2019 regular-season record is now 4-3-1 (13 points). Next up, Crew SC has a home contest against D.C. United at MAPFRE Stadium on Wednesday, April 24 (7:30 p.m. ET / SportsTime Ohio, FOX Sports GO / 97.1 The Fan and streaming online via the “Listen Live” button at 971TheFan.com / Spanish audio stream on ColumbusCrewSC.com ).