With Columbus Crew SC advancing to the Round of 16 of the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, check out the Black & Gold's history in the Round of 16— including 2002's iconic trophy-raising run:
- Columbus' 2002 championship-winning campaign marked the sixth time an MLS team won the U.S. Open Cup, which at 106 years stands as the nation's longest on-going soccer competition
- The Crew have played the seventh-most Open Cup games amongst MLS teams (44)
- Columbus’ 89 goals scored marks the sixth-most amongst MLS teams, while the Crew's goal differential is plus-25.
- Nine times the Black & Gold have faced MLS teams in the Round of 16, earning one win
- Five of the eight losses against MLS teams came away from MAPFRE Stadium
- At home overall, the Crew are 14-8 in Open Cup play
- Columbus is 1-3 at home against MLS teams
- In Round of 16 specifically, Black & Gold are 5-10 all-time.
- Against MLS teams, such as Atlanta United FC, the Crew are 8-13 all-time
- Columbus holds a plus-1 goal differential against MLS teams in Open Cup play
- With one win, the Black & Gold can advance to the Open Cup quarterfinals for the first time since 2010
All 2019 Crew SC Season Ticket Members receive tickets to all Crew SC U.S. Open Cup home matches through the quarterfinals as part of their memberships.
The winner of the U.S. Open Cup qualifies directly for the Concacaf Champions League with a chance to qualify for the FIFA Club World Cup against world-powers and other regional champions.