1. Sporting Kansas City — 35 pts. | 2-1 win at Columbus Crew, 2-1 win vs. LA Galaxy; Week 20: at Toronto FC
A double-match week for Sporting resulted in two wins, allowing it to jump to the top of the Eastern Conference. Next up: a giant clash at BMO Field against third-placed Toronto FC.
2. D.C. United – 34 pts. | 3-1 win vs. Chivas USA; Week 20: Bye
The Black-and-Red snapped Chivas USA's four-match winning streak with a convincing result at home. United still leads the Conference in points-per-game.
3. Toronto FC — 26 pts. | 1-1 draw vs. Vancouver Whitecaps, 2-2 draw at Houston Dynamo; Week 20: vs. Sporting Kansas City
A pair of draws for the Reds, who have just one loss over their last 10 contests and still have several games in hand over all their closest competitors.
4. New York Red Bulls — 24 pts. | 3-1 loss at Philadelphia Union, 1-1 draw vs. San Jose Earthquakes; Week 20: Bye
New York's up-and-down season continued with a resounding loss at Philadelphia and a home draw against San Jose, but the Red Bulls still have just one loss over their last seven matches. Bradley Wright-Phillips has opened up a three-goal lead in the Golden Boot race.
5. New England Revolution — 23 pts. | 5-1 loss at LA Galaxy, 2-0 loss at FC Dallas; Week 20: vs. Columbus Crew
It's now seven losses in a row for the Revs after a pair of Western Conference road defeats. New England has just three goals over that seven-match span as well.
6. Philadelphia Union — 23 pts. | 3-1 win vs. New York Red Bulls, 1-1 draw at Chicago Fire; Week 20: Bye
The Union's resurgence continued with a big home victory over New York and a late road point thanks to a Sebastien Le Toux penalty in the 91st minute at Chicago. Le Toux is now 11-for-11 on penalties in his MLS career.
7. Columbus Crew — 23 pts. | 2-1 loss vs. Sporting Kansas City, 2-1 win vs. Montreal Impact; Week 20: at New England Revolution
Bernardo Anor's spectacular brace gave the Crew a win it needed, and now the Black & Gold have an opportunity to pounce on a struggling New England side.
8. Chicago Fire — 20 pts. | 1-1 draw vs. Philadelphia Union; Week 20: at San Jose Earthquakes
Chicago's season of draws continued with a home point against Philadelphia. The Fire is tied for the fewest number of losses in all of MLS, with four.
9. Houston Dynamo — 19 pts. | 2-2 draw vs. Toronto FC; Week 20: Bye
Houston has scored two goals in each of the three contests it has played since Brad Davis returned.
10. Montreal Impact —14 pts. | 2-1 loss at Columbus Crew; Week 20: at Real Salt Lake, vs. Portland Timbers
Montreal has a big chance to make up some ground this week as the Impact are set to play two matches in a week when many East sides are on bye.